Monday, February 14, 2011

pending...

When I was growing up in the Northwest, the 30's and 40's (weather-wise) were something to bundle up for and brace yourself against.
Now? Well, in the past two days I've heard the terms "heat wave", "warming trend", "Spring has arrived" and "Coat? We don't need no stinkin' coat!" used alternately and in a single sentence without taking a breath. Of course, those who know better remind the overly exuberant that we do still live in Wisconsin and it's only February and not to get too excited.
Well, I'm home sick with a cold, so today I'm a realist. But I am also hopeful, so I will post a happy Spring-like picture for those who've gotten ahead of themselves or are simply biding their time, waiting for the warmth to finally settle and stick. Which, of course, they will immediately begin complaining about and crank up the AC whilst pining away for cooler weather. Sniff. wheeze... never happy, these Mid-westerners. Where's the Pug? I need my foot warmer and another pot of tea...

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Love that picture! Spring is coming - Easter is almost here!